What is the duration of the courses/programs?
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - 24 Months
- Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance) - 30 Months
- Master of Information Technology Management (MS ITM) - 24 Months
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - 36 Months
What is the medium of instruction in the classes?
The medium of instruction will be in English for the students in the study.
Is there any provision for concession or scholarships?
The Tuition fees shared is the fees after scholarship. Yes, case to case, in case of bulk number of student admission, we can look at bulk scholarship as special Scholarship.
Can an NRI/Foreign Nationals student pay the program /tuition fee in Local Currency?
As the programs are online programs, where the students will be studying online from their country, the payment of Tuition fees needs to be done in USD.
What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
The eligibility criteria for the admission to Masters, Post Graduate Diploma and PhD Programs are given below:
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA for Master or Post
Graduate Diploma admission (or)
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of working experience
in the relevant field for Master or Post Graduate Diploma admission
- Recognized Master’s degree with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA for PhD Programs
When do I apply for admission?
- The Intake to the university happens 3 times in a year, during May, September and January.
- The students needs to apply at-least 10 to 15 days before the intake ends so that there is enough time to validate the applications at the university end and the student has time to make the Application, Registration and Tuition fee payment.
- In case of bulk admissions, the above intake schedules can be customized.
How to apply and from where do I get the application?
We have our Official Manipal Study Abroad Agents/representatives in various countries. They will assist you with the Application form for the admissions to online Programs listed.
When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date for each intake, ends 3 working days before the end of the month. For ex. The last date for the May intake ends by 28th May 2021.
Are these online programs recognized Internationally?
The Degree Awarding programs are accredited and approved by
- Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA)
Manipal GlobalNxt is member of the below Education Bodies:
- European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools Business (AACSB)
- International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU)
- Malaysian Higher Education Institutions Quality Assurance Network (MyQAN)
- World Education Services (WES)
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
Is the Curriculum of the University, the latest one?
The course curriculum is updated frequently with latest topics being part of the program. These topics are relevant to the study of the program
What can you say about the Alumni network?
At present we have around 17,000 Alumni students from various countries.
Where is your University Located?
Our University is in Nilai, Malaysia, barely 45 km from downtown Kuala Lumpur and 15 km from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Who can apply for the Online Admissions?
These Online programs are mainly for students who prefer Online Learning after completing their Bachelors or Masters Degree (or) working professionals who are looking at an Online program after completing their Bachelors or Masters Degree while simultaneously working in an organization.
Do you have Student Information Centers who can provide direct information?
Across all countries we have Study Abroad Agents partnering with Manipal Study Abroad. They will be able to help you to provide more information on the programs.
What is the total number of seats for each Program? Is there any limitation on the number of seats?
Since the programs are online programs and the schedule is customizable, there is no limitation on the number of seats for Admission to the online programs.
What is the procedure to apply for the admission?
Our Study abroad Agents will help with the application form that need to be filled. In addition to the Application form, the following are required to be submitted
- Curriculum Vitae (In English)
- Bachelors/Masters Award certificate
- Bachelors/Masters transcript
- Passport size photo
- Passport (relevant pages clearly showing name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, address and validity dates)
Do you have entrance exam for the admission to the online programs?
The admissions are purely based on the Merit with the Transcripts of
Bachelor/master’s degree and there are no entrance exams for the admission.
Does your University accept qualifying examinations conducted by other internationally recognized boards?
Yes, we accept the transcripts of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree of any accredited university, subject to approval by the Academic Senate
Will my certificate, after completion of my program, mention online degree in it?
The certificate awarded only will mention the program of study and will not specify anywhere as online degree in it.
Is there any regular timetable for my program available?
Yes, there is regular timetable for the programs. The students can customize their study and based on the modules they choose for the study, the schedule will be prepared and shared by the university to the student.
Where will I get the timetable/Schedule of classes for my program?
Once the student pays the Tuition fee, based on the modules being chosen for each semester, the university will make a customizable timetable for each student and send it to the student by email.
Do you have any Study Abroad Agents through whom we can apply?
Yes, we have approved Study Abroad Agents in all Countries for Manipal Study Abroad.
Whom should I contact for details regarding admission?
Our Study abroad Agent representatives are available across the globe in various countries. They will be able to provide details regarding admission to you and assist you in your admission.
What is the tuition fee for international students for the various programs conducted at your University?
Below are the Tuition fee details for our programs
- master’s program – $ 5,000 (24 months Program)
- PhD program - $ 6,500 (36 months Program)
- PG DBA program - $ 4,000 (18 months program)
Is there any provision for concession or scholarships?
The Fees provided by us for the Tuition fees and the Thesis fees are after scholarship. Based on Merit and financial status of the student, on case to case basis we will decide on the additional Scholarship for students
Do you offer conditional admissions to students who are awaiting their Bachelors or Masters Transcripts?
As the admission is based on the overall CGPA of the bachelor’s or master’s program for the Masters/PhD Programs, the transcripts are necessary for the admission. In case the results have been announced and the transcripts are awaited, the students can provide the available transcripts of bachelor’s or master’s for us to check and revert on the admission.
Do I need prior work experience to do this program?
- Work experience is required for admissions to the Manipal GlobalNxt Programs only if the CGPA of the bachelor’s or master’s programs is less than 2.5.
- In such case of CGPA being less than 2.5, a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the same field of program chosen for admission is required.
Where do I send my bachelor’s/master’s transcripts, for the eligibility check for admission?
The bachelor’s/master’s transcripts, needs to be scanned and submitted to the Study abroad agent which in turn will be sent to the Admission team in Manipal Study Abroad for eligibility check towards admission.
Is the eligibility of scholarship, decided on my transcripts?
- The current scholarship scheme is for all the students in Africa irrelevant of the grades and CGPA in their bachelor’s and master’s programs.
- The transcript is mainly required to check the eligibility for the admission to the relevant programs.
Do I require Laptop in my studies?
- In these online programs, the student will need to undergo a set of sessions in the form of classes, webinars, discussion forums and submit assignments and also use the E-library for knowledge enhancement.
- Due to this blended mode of learning, the student needs to have a laptop for the purpose of study during the program
When will I receive information about the programs by email?
- If you can meet our Study abroad Agents, details of the program will be shared in person. After the counselling session they will provide the necessary information.
- If you are not able to meet our study abroad agents, and contact them by phone or WhatsApp or email, then the Study abroad Agent will discuss with you by phone and then will share all the details required by email.
I am an MBA student. What semester opportunities do I have?
In case you have finished your MBA program
- We have PhD program (DBA) which is of 3 years duration.
In case you have not finished your MBA program
- We can check your existing MBA transcripts and check for credit transfer into our MBA program.
I am a BBA/B. Com student. What semester opportunities do I have?
In case you have finished your BBA/B. Com program
- We have MBA program, which is of 24 months duration. (or)
- We have PGDBA program, which is of 18 months duration.
In case you have not finished your BBA/B. Com program
- We can send your BBA/ B. Com transcripts to our MIU University in Malaysia to check the eligibility and credit transfer of the online BBA Program or to the campus admission to B. Com program in the MIU Malaysia campus.
I am a BCA student. What semester opportunities do I have?
In case you have finished your BCA program
- We have MS ITM (Master’s in IT Management) program, which is of 24 months duration.
In case you have not finished your BCA program
- We can send your BCA transcripts to our MIU University in Malaysia to check the eligibility and credit transfer to the campus admission to Bachelor’s in computer science program in the MIU Malaysia campus.
How are the faculty at your University? Are they local faculties from Malayisa or are they International Faculties
- Manipal GlobalNxt University has close to 75 international faculties from different countries who are part of the teaching for different topics and programs.
- Faculties are from various universities abroad, who do the guidance for the students online and assist the students.
How are the exams conducted during my study in the University
- As we have online programs with blended learning for the students, the final examination for the students will be conducted online with proctored based exam.
- Details of the exam will be provided by the academics team once the sessions start during the study.
Can the student apply for more than one program at a time?
- For any application to the admission, there is an Application fees and Registration fees that needs to be paid by the student.
- Due to the above, it is not advisable for the student to apply for more than 1 program for study at the starting, as the paid amounts are not refundable or not transferrable towards other fee components.
If the student has completed few semesters of their MBA, Is there any possibility of Lateral Admission?
You can send the transcripts and syllabus of the completed semesters. We will check them and try to map it with our course curriculum. After mapping we will revert with the credit transfers and Lateral Admission options.
Is there any possibility of migrating from other universities to your University?
Yes there is a possibility of migrating from other universities to our Manipal GlobalNxt University by providing the transcripts and syllabus of the completed semesters. We will check them and try to map it with our course curriculum. After mapping we will revert with the credit transfers and Lateral Admission options to our Manipal GlobalNxt University.
What is the Tuition Fee Payment Schedule?
For master’s program we collect the Tuition fees in 3 instalments in 3 semesters
and for PhD DBA we collect the Tuition fees in 4 instalments in 4 semesters.
Can I pay my Tuition fees in Instalment mode?
Yes, you will be allowed to pay your Tuition fees in instalments.
Can I connect with the faculty members for career guidance?
Yes, during your study duration, you can connect with the faculty members for career Guidance and more assistance on learning.
What is the minimum attendance required to appear in the examinations?
There is no minimum attendance requirement for the student to appear for the examinations.
How many intakes will be there in a year?
In a year we have 3 intakes for admissions to the university
Can I Pay my Tuition fees in Lumpsum at the start of the program?
Yes, the student can pay the Tuition fee in Lumpsum at the start of the program during admission time.
How many subjects can I take at any one time?
To make sure you complete your degree in a reasonable timeframe you will be provided with a study plan at the start of the programme to adhere to. For postgraduate programmes, you can normally complete 2 subjects at the same time. For undergraduate programmes, you can normally complete 2 to 3 subjects at a time.
How quickly can I complete my program
Completion of a program at Manipal GlobalNxt University depends on the total number of subjects you are required to complete in your program and the rate at which you complete those subjects.
A Master’s degree requires the completion of 12 subjects. On average, a typical student completes six subjects per year, therefore completing the program in about two years.
Our Flexi-Pace model allows a learner to control the pace of program completion.
How much time should I set aside for study per week?
Study time differs from student to student, depending upon their academic ability and learning style. As a general guide, a typical 4-credit course has a student learning time (SLT) of around 160 hours or about 12 hours per week. Students who develop an effective learning style may require less effort to achieve the stated learning outcomes.
What resources will I have access to?
You will have full access to a dedicated Manipal GlobalNxt online library service, which includes all materials required to complete the program, as well as personal assistance to access reference materials and electronic documents.
Recommended or optional reading materials are also available through the online library.
Can I take breaks during the program?
At Manipal GlobalNxt University we provide students with a study plan so that they can complete their degree in a reasonable amount of time. If, for whatever reason, you need to take an extended break you may apply for a leave of absence with the Registrar’s Office.
Can I pursue this program from anywhere in the world?
Yes. At Manipal GlobalNxt University, all you need is access to the internet. Our programs are delivered on an interactive virtual learning platform that facilitates optimal learning.
I am working professional, can I still enrol for this program?
Yes, as our programs are online programs and are for the working professionals who want to enrich their academic qualifications, you can enrol for the program.
Does one get to interact with other learners?
Absolutely. At Manipal GlobalNxt you get to network and interact with your classmates who come from varied backgrounds and learn from their experiences. You will be part of a global classroom with classmates and faculty coming from around the world. Our pedagogy is based on co-learning or peer-to-peer learning, an activity which is assigned 30% of grades in all subjects in the program.
Is the program recognized by corporates?
The programs offered by Manipal GlobalNxt University have been endorsed by 100+ corporates across the globe, including Shangrila, Acer, Indian Oil Corporation, Aditya Birla Group, Infosys, Tata Group Companies and more. We have more than 9,000 graduates from around 72 different countries who have enjoyed the experience of learning with us, and have gone on to achieve success in their careers. Some of these graduates are now leading business units or entire companies and doing very well for themselves.
How quickly can I complete my DBA degree?
The quickest would be in 3 years. Some students may need longer to complete their research and write their thesis.